Thursday, April 29, 2010

Alport Castles, Win Hill, Derwent Edge.

These are some of the pictures I took during my last walk. These deal with the route I took, mainly the forward view but there are a couple looking back. The green line indicates the line of the path I took.

Looking back down the path through the forest after leaving the car park.

Heading for Alport Castles.

The route down the valley to the Snake Pass road (A57).


Looking back to where we just came from.
Win Hill is what we're aiming for next that they is where the red dot is.
The some of the route forward from Win Hill.
Looking back over the Ladybower Reservoir.
Looking across the valley to Win Hill.
The route to Back Tor.
The Route to Lost Lad.
Across the moor to the Derwent Valley.
Down there at the end of that water is the end of the walk but you know Bob won't let you get away with it that easy. Instead we have to turn and head off in the other direction for another mile as there is something I want to show you although knowing you lot all this extra two miles won't even raise a comment but thats the way I am, I just think about you all the time and will go out of my way just to try and make you all happy...
So here is what I wanted you to see, its turned a bit dull and misty but hopefully you can see why I bought you all this way round.

2 Comments:

Blogger Sara said...

Wonderful scenery! Those green lines you added really make me appreciate how far you walked, not to mention the terrain. You are adventurous & ambitious, for sure!

8:27 PM  
Anonymous ashbourne bed and breakfast said...

Some amazing photos of your long, long walk. Ladybower can be really beautiful when the sun comes out and you had some very nice weather. Derwent was nice as well. Makes me want to get my hiking boots on and go for it.

4:56 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home